Skip to content
- 45g oatbran
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange essence
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice (mixed spice will work also if you don’t have all spice)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Silver Spoon golden syrup
- ½ tablespoon black treacle
- 50ml whole milk
- Orange, sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons no added sugar orange marmalade
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and orange essence until pale, stir in the syrup and treacle carefully, then add the milk.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Pour your mixture into your cake tin and even the surface.
- Lay your orange slices over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean with no wet cake batter visible.
- Warm the marmalade in the microwave just enough so it is runny and brush the marmalade over the top of the cake.
- Enjoy either hot or cold.
- How about serving with some homemade custard or a scoop of ice cream for a tasty pudding.