Comfort food at its best. Taking us right back to our childhoods when our parents used to use corned beef in as many dinners as they possibly could because it was a cheap and quick meal. However back then we had the full fat corned beef and although can be used in this recipe it would add a lot more syns so we use the lean corned beef to keep the syns lower.
You can add any veg you like if you want to bulk it out some more, mushrooms and peppers are a great veg to add but you can literally add anything you like.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- A big time saver for chopping veg with a veg chopper, from onions to carrots this is a god send to chop quickly.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- A lot of our dishes are pyrex, great for cooking. Perfect for roasters too and easy to clean.
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Corned Beef Chip Pie
Serves 2 – 1 HexA and 1.5 syns per person (you can make this serve 4 people too as it does make quite a lot if you serve it with extra vegetables just adjust the cheese and syns accordingly).
- 1 tin Princes lean corned beef, diced – 3 syns
- 1 tin baked beans
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings Mediterranean spice blend
For the chips:
- 2 large potatoes, chipped
- 2 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings chips and wedges spice
- 40g light mature cheddar cheese – 1 HexA
- 30g red Leicester cheese – 1 HexA
- Preheat oven 210°C fan.
- Wash the chips under cold water to wash off the starch and pat dry in some paper towel.
- Spray a little frylight in a baking tray and tip in the chips, toss with the chip spice and make sure well coated, spray a little more frylight over the top and place in the oven until golden brown, roughly 25 – 30 minutes depending on potato and chip size.
- Meanwhile in an ovenproof dish add the corned beef, beans, worcestershire sauce, Mediterranean spice, oxo cube and cherry tomatoes and give it a quick stir.
- Gently fry the carrot and onion in a pan until starting to soften and add to the corned beef mixture.
- Place in the oven to warm through while the chips are still cooking.
- Once the chips are almost done take the corned beef mixture and the chips out the oven and layer the chips over the corned beef mix, sprinkle over the cheese and place back in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden and everything is piping hot.