Absolutely loving the creamy pasta dishes lately, something you would never have heard me say before we started clean eating. It’s true what they say that your taste buds change once you cut out the processed and fatty foods. This is similar to our creamy chicken spaghetti recipe so if you enjoy that then you will enjoy this one too.
Please note you can use any cream cheese you prefer, however I used the chive Primula in this dish as it added that little extra flavour. You can use quark if you wish, and you can use any grated cheese from your A choice on the top, I have included the cheeses we used in the recipe so adapt them to your own tastes. You can also swap out the sausages we use for your own favourites, just adjust the syns accordingly.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- Pasta spoon, I can’t live without this spoon, makes life so much easier dishing up spaghetti.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Creamy ChimiChuri Sausage Spaghetti
Serves 2 large portions – 1 HexA and 1.5 syns per portion
4 smaller portions – Half HexA and 1 syn per portion
- 6 Heck chicken italia chipolatas – 3 syns
- 200g dried wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- Handful baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings ChimiChuri blend
- 55g Primula chives – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- 40g light mature cheddar – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile squeeze the sausages out of the skins and make little balls from the meat. Fry over a medium heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside for now.
- In the same pan on a medium heat cook the onion, carrot and pepper until softened.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, chimichuri seasoning and the tomato puree and bring to the boil.
- Add the sausage balls back into the pan along with the part cooked spaghetti and simmer until the spaghetti is fully cooked and the sauce has thickened and been absorbed by the pasta.
- Stir in the spinach and take off the heat.
- Just before serving stir in the primula and add the grated cheese over the top.
- Place under the grill and melt until nice and golden.
- Divide between 2 bowls and serve with speedy vegetables, garlic bread (Use your B choice to save some syns) or just a simple salad.