Absolutely loving the creamy pasta dishes lately, something you would never have heard me say before we started clean eating. It’s true what they say that your taste buds change once you cut out the processed and fatty foods. This is similar to our creamy chicken spaghetti recipe so if you enjoy that then you will enjoy this one too.
Please note you can use any cream cheese you prefer, however I used the chive Primula in this dish as it added that little extra flavour. You can use quark if you wish, and you can use any grated cheese on the top, I have included the cheeses we used in the recipe so adapt them to your own tastes. You can also swap out the sausages we use for your own favourites.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- Pasta spoon, I can’t live without this spoon, makes life so much easier dishing up spaghetti.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 10% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN10 at the checkout.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 6 Aldi specially selected skinny pork sausages
- 140g dried wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- Handful baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 teaspoons SpiceNTice chimichuri rub (** See note above about this rub)
- 55g Primula chives
- 40g light mature cheddar
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile squeeze the sausages out of the skins and make little balls from the meat (about the size of a small marble). Fry over a medium heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside for now.
- In the same pan on a medium heat cook the onion, carrot and pepper until softened.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, chimichurri seasoning and the tomato puree and bring to the boil.
- Add the sausage balls back into the pan along with the part cooked spaghetti and simmer until the spaghetti is fully cooked and the sauce has thickened and been absorbed by the pasta.
- Stir in the spinach and take off the heat.
- Just before serving stir in the primula and add the grated cheese over the top.
- Place under the grill and melt until nice and golden.
- Serve with speedy vegetables, garlic bread or just a simple salad.