- 200ml whole milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- A few drops of peppermint essence
- 1 – 2 tablespoon TRKG mint chocolate syrup
- 5 tablespoons quark
- 16g Tesco Ms Mollys dark chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Green food colouring (Optional)
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan bring the milk slowly to the boil.
- In a jug whisk the egg yolks, food colouring (if using), syrup, peppermint and cornflour together until pale.
- Pour in the hot milk whilst whisking as you do. Transfer back to the pan and simmer until thickened and boiling.
- Plunge the pan in cold water and allow to cool completely.
- Stir in the quark, and chocolate chunks and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions that come with it. You want the mixture to be the texture of what you would get from an ice cream van. (Either serve now or freeze for a firmer ice cream).
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe tub and freeze for up to 3 hours. Use a fork to beat it every hour to prevent any ice crystals forming.
- Take out the freezer a few minutes before you wish to serve.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker just simply put the ice cream in a freezer proof tub and freeze for up to 7 hours using a fork to beat every hour.
- Please note freezer times can vary depending on freezer so you would have to use your own judgement on freeze times, times stated are accurate for our own freezer and should only be used as a guide.