We love these potatoes, its like garlic bread had babies with roasted potatoes… if that was actually a thing.
These are a great side dish to so many meals, pork chops, steak, fish, chicken or anything you wish, you could even have them as a main meal alongside a salad for something nice and easy if you wish.
Feel free to use your favourite butters or spreads, you can also leave the cheese off if you don’t want it too or even swap it for a cheddar if you prefer.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Garlic crusher, we have had this one for a good while, easy to clean and can crush multiple cloves at once saving time.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 900g new potatoes
- 50g Clover light spread
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley (fresh or dried is fine)
- 60g parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat oven 210°C fan.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, simmer for 25 minutes or until a knife can easily go through.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a roasting dish and using a potato masher gently press down on the potatoes to make them split, season with salt and pepper.
- In a little dish add the butter and melt in the microwave for a few seconds, stir in the garlic and parsley.
- Scatter the cheese over the potatoes and pour the melted garlic butter all over.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.