Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Zester, does exactly what it says it does. Always handy to have one in the drawers.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
** DISCLAIMER: BAKING POWDER IS SYNNED AT 0.5 SYN PER TEASPOON, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SYN THE AMOUNT I USE IN THIS RECIPE BUT TO PROTECT YOUR OWN WEIGHT LOSS DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.
Orange & Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies
Makes 8 cookies – you can have 4 for your HexB plus 2.5 syns or they are 2.5 syns per cookie.
- 45g oatbran – HexB or 7.5 syns
- 40g porridge oats – HexB or 7.5 syns
- 1 medium egg
- 25ml whole milk – Part HexA or 0.5 syn
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- Zest of a small orange
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 15g dark chocolate chips – 4 syns
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar – 1 syn
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and set aside.
- In a bowl add the oats, oatbran, sweetener, chocolate chips and orange zest and give a little stir.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and milk until well beaten.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and give a good mix, let the mixture sit for a while to allow the oats to absorb the mixture, you don’t want a soggy mixture so allow it to sit until any liquid has been absorbed, if its too crumbly add a little extra milk but not too much just enough to stop it crumbling.
- Spoon the mixture into 8 even sized balls onto the baking tray and push down with the back of a spoon and make 8 even sized cookies.
- Sprinkle over the soft brown sugar (trust me this little bit of sugar caramelises the tops so is worth doing).
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden at the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool or enjoy fresh from the oven with a freshly brewed cuppa tea.
Remember 4 of these are your healthy B plus 2.5 syns. If not using as your B choice they are 2.5 syns per cookie.