This perfectly warming dinner is perfect for those colder months when you want something to warm you up from the insides.
You can add any vegetables you like to this dish, it is a great way to use up any left over vegetables that are looking past their best., you can even swap the chicken with turkey or pork if you prefer.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Large roasting tin.
Now just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have found these seasonings from http://www.soeasyseasonings.co.uk which have all the spices you need already all included in one spice so that we only need to add a few teaspoons without rummaging the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their seasonings are syn free, gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, paleo friendly and all natural ingredients, no sugar, preservatives, additives or MSG, and a little goes a long way.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Spanish-Style Chicken & Chorizo Bake
Serves 4 – 2.5 syns per portion
- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 500g new potatoes, quartered lengthways
- 6 smoked garlic cloves, unpeeled (if you can’t get smoked garlic normal works just as fine)
- 8 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 90g Tesco finest reduced fat spanish chorizo – 10 syns
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons So Easy Seasonings fajita blend
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 3 large carrots, roughly chopped
- Head of a whole broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the onions, potatoes, garlic cloves and tomatoes in a large roasting tin, season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile skin the chorizo and cut into 5mm slices and then cut the slices in half.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Once the 20 minutes is up stir the chorizo through the vegetables and place the chicken over the top, sprinkle the fajita blend all over and give a gentle shake.
- Place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes take out the tin and baste everything with any juices at the bottom of the tin, add the sliced peppers and broccoli around the chicken and turn the oven up to 220°C.
- Put back in the oven and cook for another 20 minutes or until the peppers are softened and the chicken is golden and crisp.
- As you eat squeeze the garlic out the skins and enjoy the soft and fragrant flesh, or simply mash in with the sauce from the tomatoes.