We are always looking for new ideas for grab and go breakfasts and these are easy to make while cooking dinner and ready for the next morning, you can also batch bake these and store in an airtight container for a couple of days.
Adding the carrot into this might sound strange but trust us as long as its finely grated you really can not taste it and it adds speed PLUS helps bulk the mixture out. You can also use grated courgette too which is equally as delicous, and grated apple too (just rememeber to add the syns if you use apple).
Some recommended items from our kitchen for making this dish..
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Cheese grater with varying graters, we use the small grater for our flapjacks so the carrot is nice and fine.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Muffin cases
- Muffin tray
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
** DISCLAIMER: BAKING POWDER IS SYNNED AT 0.5 SYN PER TEASPOON, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SYN THE AMOUNT I USE IN THIS RECIPE BUT TO PROTECT YOUR OWN WEIGHT LOSS DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.
Cherry Muesli Muffins
- 45g Jordans no added sugar Muesli – 1 HexB or 7.5 syns
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder**
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (Optional)
- Finely grated carrot
- A few drops of cherry flavouring
- 1 tablespoon milk (use from your allowance or syn accordingly)
- About 5 frozen cherries, halved (please note cooked fruit should be synned as per the SW guidelines however as we are using just a few cherries I have not included a syn value but if using more please do whats best for your own journey).
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar – 1 syn (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tray with cases.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the carrot and the frozen halved cherries and mix well.
- Add the cherry flavouring and mix again.
- Add the milk and beaten egg and give another good mix.
- Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to absorb some of the liquid.
- Evenly distribute into muffin cases and sprinkle over the brown sugar to get a nice caramelised top.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Can be enjoyed fresh from the oven or cold with a mid morning cuppa.
How about changing up the fruit to apple and adding in some mixed spice and drizzling toffee sauce over the top once cooked.
Strawberries and white chocolate chips also go well.
Raspberries, blueberries, blackcurrants all work equally well too.
Just remember to add any syns where needed.