I am sure a lot of people already know of the chocolate fudge recipe that has taken over social media for several years using the slow cooker method but I bet a lot of people are unaware it is totally doable to make AND eat it while on Slimming World. This is why I love SW, its not a diet, its just a healthier way of eating without all the restrictions of other diet plans.
The basic ingredients to this fudge recipe is chocolate, condensed milk, a little butter and then any flavourings and toppings/fillings you wish to add. Simple as that.
Now we use the slow cooker method but this can also be made in the microwave, just take it slowly with the melting process because you can over cook it and then ruin the whole lot. The slow cooker gives a better end result so I highly recommend this way. Slow cookers are very cheap these days and most households have one, if you don’t have one I urge you to invest in one, they are so handy for chucking on stews, curries, soups and so much more, turn it on, walk away and leave it all day to do its thing.
Anyway on to the fudge recipe…
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Slow cooker , great for leaving meals to cook all day so you can get on with working or doing housework etc. Perfect for busy lives.
- Silicone spatulas, we use these all the time.
- Moulds if you want to make even sized pieces.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Lemon Meringue Fudge
Note: chocolate varies in syns so please check your own syn values for the brand you buy.
- 5 x 100g bars white chocolate (we use Tesco Ms Mollys chocolate) – 140 syns
- 1 x 397g tin condensed milk – 67½ syns
- 1 tablespoon butter – 3 syns
- Yellow food colouring (optional)
- 2 teaspoons lemon essence
- Meringue pieces (Syn accordingly as they vary so much in syns)
- Break the chocolate up into squares and add to the slow cooker along with the butter, flavouring and condensed milk.
- Put the slow cooker on low/medium heat and stir with a spatula every 15 – 20 minutes until everything is melted.
- Once its all melted give it a little taste and add extra flavouring if you feel it needs it (it does intensify a little when cold so don’t go over board), stir in the food colouring if using and then leave it until it starts to form a crust on the top, then give it a good stir/beat with the spatula. Do this step once more.
- Turn the heat off the slow cooker.
- Line a tin or dish with cling film and pour the fudge mixture into the dish, even the surface and allow to cool.
- Once cooled and still soft, gently press the meringue pieces into the top of the fudge, place in the fridge overnight to fully set.
- Once set remove from the tin/dish, peel off the cling film and cut into your desired amount of pieces.
Syn each piece by adding the syns together and dividing by how many pieces you cut it into.
This can be added into little bags and stored in the freezer to prevent eating it all, unless you are like us and eat it straight from the freezer so defeats the object of putting it in there lol