It’s no surprise that we love pasta, it makes great dinners and leftovers for lunches too which is ideal for Shane to take to work especially in the winter when he needs a hot lunch to warm up (he works in a cold factory as an engineer so he always looks forward to something hot to warm him from the inside out).
Now fajitas usually consist of cheese, salsa, sour cream, peppers, onions and meat flavoured in a lovely spice and you serve it in warm tortillas. Mmmm. However we have turned this much loved dish into a pasta bake which is perfect to serve alongside a fresh salad, you can even include the salsa and sour cream if you wish on the side. Delish.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- A lot of our dishes are pyrex, great for cooking. Perfect for roasters too and easy to clean.
- Garlic crusher, we have had this one for a good while, easy to clean and can crush multiple cloves at once saving time.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Cheesy Chicken Fajita Pasta Bake
Serves 6 – 1 HexA per person
For the pasta:
- 300g penne pasta
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- 3 bell peppers (red, green and yellow), deseeded and sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 SpiceNTice fajita kit (** See note above about this kit)
- 40g light mature cheddar, grated – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- 30g red leicester, grated – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
For the topping:
- 80g light mature cheddar, grated – 2 x HexA or 12 syns
- 60g red leicester, grated – 2 x HexA or 12 syns
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan.
- In a large saucepan boil your pasta for half the time specified on the packets instructions.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan fry the chicken until starting to go golden, add the onion and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain the pasta leaving a little of the water in the pan, add the pasta back into the pan along with all the other pasta ingredients and mix everything together.
- Pour the pasta into an ovenproof dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until the pasta is cooked, sauce absorbed and cheese is nice and golden and melted.
- Serve alongside a simple salad and a dollop of reduced fat sour cream and chive dip and a little salsa (syn accordingly).