Some recommended items from our kitchen for making our flapjacks…
- Small baking tray ideal for all our flapjack recipes. (I use 2 of these).
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Cheese grater with varying graters, we use the small grater for our flapjacks so the carrot is nice and fine.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
**NOTE: We use syrups from http://www.trkg.co.uk they are calorie free, sugar free, diabetic friendly, gluten free, vegan friendly and come in a wide range of flavours. Now just a quick note, although these are calorie free Slimming World advise to syn these syrups the same as sweetener at 0.5 per tablespoon if you are going to be using a lot of sweetener in a day. This is down to each individual if you wish to do this but as we are sharing our recipes we will always include the syn values as per the guidelines. We also have a code to share: Hickmans15 for you to get 15% off your order, this code also works alongside the buy 4 get the 5th bottle free, simply add your bottles to your basket, enter the code at the checkout and the code will be applied.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Red Velvet Flapjacks
- 45g Jordan’s no sugar muesli – HexB or 7.5 syns
- 2 teaspoons TRKG red velvet syrup (**see note above about this syrup)
- Small finely grated carrot (Optional, it helps bulk the mixture plus adds speed)
- 1 small egg
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder – 0.5 syn (Please check own syn values as different brands vary)
- 1 tablespoon white chocolate spread – 4.5 syns (Please check own syn values as different brands vary)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Mix together the carrot, cocoa powder, syrup and muesli in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg and gradually add the egg to the muesli mixture a little at a time mixing as you go. You only need enough to bind the mixture together.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spoon half the mixture into the tray packing it down nice and tight.
- Spoon the chocolate spread over the top, leaving a little gap from the edges to prevent too much leakage.
- Spoon the remaining muesli mixture over the top and pack down tight.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Can enjoy hot, warm or cold. All are as equally as nice.