Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- These little dishes are great for baked oats, cakes etc and also for doing just one portion of casserole, shepherds pie, chilli etc if you are cooking for one.
**NOTE: We use syrups from http://www.trkg.co.uk they are calorie free, sugar free, diabetic friendly, gluten free, vegan friendly and come in a wide range of flavours. Now just a quick note, although these are calorie free Slimming World advise to syn these syrups the same as sweetener at 0.5 per tablespoon if you are going to be using a lot of sweetener in a day. This is down to each individual if you wish to do this but as we are sharing our recipes we will always include the syn values as per the guidelines. We also have a code to share: Hickmans15 for you to get 15% off your order, this code also works alongside the buy 4 get the 5th bottle free, simply add your bottles to your basket, enter the code at the checkout and the code will be applied.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
** DISCLAIMER: BAKING POWDER IS SYNNED AT 0.5 SYN PER TEASPOON, I PERSONALLY DO NOT SYN THE AMOUNT I USE IN THIS RECIPE BUT TO PROTECT YOUR OWN WEIGHT LOSS DO WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU.
Crunchie Baked Oatbran
- 45g oatbran – HexB or 7.5 syns
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder**
- 1 egg
- 2 heaped tablespoons fat free natural greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon TRKG honeycomb syrup (**See note above about these syrups)
- 1 17.5g treatsize crunchie bar – 4 syns
- ½ tablespoon crunchie spread – 2 syns
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and give a quick mix.
- In another bowl whisk the egg and syrup until pale and fluffy, add the yogurt and whisk trying not to knock too much air out.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Pour your mixture into your desired dish.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Melt the spread in the microwave for a few seconds, crush the crunchie bar and add your toppings to the top, grab a spoon and dig in.