This delicious Moroccan spiced pasta dish makes a great lunch idea, making the night before intensifies the flavour even more so we recommend making this in advance although it still tastes amazing eaten the same day.
You can add meat to this dish if you wish, lamb would work extremely well but we have kept this one vegetarian which is just as yummy.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- Baking trays, we have separate ones for cake items and others for things like veg and meat etc so we have more than one set floating around in our house.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Harissa Squash Pasta
Serves 4 – 1 syn per portion
- 300g penne pasta
- 1 Very Lazy Harissa tagine paste pot (Available in Tesco) – 3.5 syns
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 tin of chickpeas, drained and dried
- Half a small bag of curly kale
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons SpiceNTice Italian rub (**See note above about this rub) – 1 syn
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C fan.
- On a baking tray add the butternut squash and chickpeas and sprinkle over the Italian rub, give a little shake to evenly coat and roast for 20 minutes, add the cherry tomatoes and roast for a further 10 minutes or until the chickpeas are golden and squash is soft.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta and kale until al dente, drain the water and tip the pasta back into the pan.
- Mix the harissa paste pot with 100ml boiling water and then stir into the pasta along with the tomato puree and heat through until all water is absorbed and the pasta is fully cooked (add a little extra water if needed).
- Stir through the roasted squash, tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Serve along side a simple salad.