This recipe was a happy accident. Often we will just spend time in the kitchen and experiment throwing this and that into a pan and hoping for the best, after all that is how a lot of recipes are born.
We have only made this once so I imagine there will be an update to this recipe if we make it again. It does feel like it is missing something but I just couldn’t put my taste buds on it.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Pasta spoon, I can’t live without this spoon, makes life so much easier dishing up spaghetti.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
- A spiraliser
- Garlic crusher, we have had this one for a good while, easy to clean and can crush multiple cloves at once saving time.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Zesty Garlic Spaghetti
- 150g dried spaghetti
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 large courgette, spiralised
- 100g french green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 vegetable oxo cube
- 2 teaspoons SpiceNTice Italian rub (** See note above about this rub)
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile fry the onion, broccoli, green beans and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the courgette, oxo cube, Italian rub and 75ml cold water and simmer on a low heat until the vegetables are softened and the water almost gone.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti, zest and juice of the lemon and give everything a stir and cook until all liquid is gone, taste and season with salt and pepper if required.
Serve with finely grated Parmesan from your A choice on top.