Please note I use an ice cream maker to start the freezing process on this recipe, however if you do not own one this recipe will still work, just follow the alternative process for making this ice cream.
Also please note we use whole milk in this recipe and other types of milk may have a different outcome and consistency once frozen.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for making our ice creams…
- Ice cream maker isn’t really a must have but makes it much easier, and its totally affordable.
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Non-stick milk pan as I love having the lip to make it easier to pour without spillage.
**NOTE: We use syrups from http://www.trkg.co.uk they are calorie free, sugar free, diabetic friendly, gluten free, vegan friendly and come in a wide range of flavours. Now just a quick note, although these are calorie free Slimming World advise to syn these syrups the same as sweetener at 0.5 per tablespoon if you are going to be using a lot of sweetener in a day. This is down to each individual if you wish to do this but as we are sharing our recipes we will always include the syn values as per the guidelines. We also have a code to share: Hickmans15 for you to get 15% off your order, this code also works alongside the buy 4 get the 5th bottle free, simply add your bottles to your basket, enter the code at the checkout and the code will be applied.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Dip Dab Ice Cream
- 200ml whole milk – 1 HexA or 6 syns
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cornflour – 1 syn
- 2 tablespoons TRKG sherbet lemon syrup (**See note above about this syrup)
- 5 tablespoons quark
- 1 packet Dip Dab – 4.5 syns
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan bring the milk slowly to the boil.
- In a jug whisk the egg yolks, syrup and cornflour together until pale and fluffy.
- Pour in the hot milk whilst whisking as you do. Transfer back to the pan and simmer until thickened and boiling.
- Plunge the pan in cold water and allow to cool completely.
- Once cold whisk in the quark and the sherbet from the Dip Dab.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions that come with it. You want the mixture to be the texture of what you would get from an ice cream van. (Either serve now or freeze for a firmer ice cream).
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe tub and freeze for up to 3 hours. Use a fork to beat it every hour to prevent any ice crystals forming.
- Take out the freezer a few minutes before you wish to serve, serve with the lollypop from the Dib Dab…. or eat the lolly while the ice cream freezes if you can’t wait that long to eat it.
If you do not have an ice cream maker just simply put the ice cream in a freezer proof tub and freeze for up to 7 hours using a fork to beat every hour.
Please note freezer times can vary depending on freezer so you would have to use your own judgement on freeze times, times stated are accurate for our own freezer and should only be used as a guide.