Anyone else a carb fan like us? Pasta is a store cupboard staple, you can literally chuck anything in with pasta and you got a tasty and filling meal. Hot or cold, pasta can be enjoyed at lunch, dinner and even on a picnic.
Now traditional primavera usually has double dream in, however we have swapped this for primula cheese, not only is this creamy but adds extra cheese, and who doesn’t love more cheese?
Please note you can use any cream cheese you prefer, however I used the chive Primula in this dish as it added that little extra flavour. You can use quark if you wish, and you can use any grated cheese from your A choice on the top so adapt them to your own tastes.
Some recommended items from our kitchen for this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Cheese grater with varying grater sizes.
- Pasta spoon, I can’t live without this spoon, makes life so much easier dishing up spaghetti.
- A decent set of knives for chopping, with a knife sharpener which is always handy.
**NOTE: just a quick note about the seasoning we use in this dish, we have used a spice kit available from SpiceNTice which have all the spices you need all included in one kit so we don’t need to rummage through the spice cupboard for lots of different ones. Their spice kits and rubs are all Slimming Club friendly (Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Calorie counting etc). For 20% off your order you can use our code HICKMAN at the checkout.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 150g dried wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 100g french green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons SpiceNTice Italian rub – 1 syn (** See note above about this rub)
- 55g Primula chives – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- 40g light mature cheddar – 1 x HexA or 6 syns
- Add spaghetti, green beans and broccoli to boiling water and cook until spaghetti is al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a skillet pan on a medium heat cook the onion, garlic, carrot, courgette and pepper until softened.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, Italian seasoning and the tomato puree and bring to the boil.
- Add the spaghetti, broccoli and beans and cook until liquid is absorbed and pasta cooked through.
- Just before serving stir in the primula and add the grated cheese over the top.
- Place under the grill and melt until nice and golden.
- Serve with speedy vegetables, garlic bread (Use your B choice to save some syns) or just a simple salad.