Had some lemons that needed using and usually I would make some lemon curd or a cake, however we had no eggs and both of those require lots of eggs so instead made these yummy biscuits. They are one of Shane’s weaknesses, he can never say no when he is offered shortbread so thought he would enjoy a couple with a brew when he got home from work. This made 24 biscuits so half were taken into work with Shane and apparently they didn’t even last until their first tea break, everyone scoffed the lot and asked for more.
Now this recipe calls for full fat butter, I highly recommend you do not swap it for low fat as it will not be the same, it needs the full fat content in order to achieve these buttery biscuits.
You can also add in some fresh thyme, rosemary, mint or even some lavender if you wish, or how about swapping the lemon for lime, grapefruit or even orange? All will be equally as nice.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Cake cooling racks, so handy to have.
- We have a Kitchen Aid mixer, the best mixer we have ever owned, highly recommend investing in one of these if you love baking.
- A baking tin roughly 27cm x 18cm, this one is the closest size to ours.
Take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram @hickmans_slim_kitchen
Please make sure you credit us when sharing to social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Disclaimer: – Please do not screenshot these recipes, the Slimming World data base is always changing to protect our weight losses and syn values often change.
Please check your own brands of ingredients as they can vary from brand to brand. Syn values are correct as of posting our recipes but please check for yourself to protect your losses.
This blog is unofficial and not part of, or representative of Slimming World.
We are not trained by Slimming World nor authorised to give Slimming World advice and any advice that may be given should never replace the advice of your consultant.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Makes 24 – 4.5 syns each
- 300g plain flour – 54 syns
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature – 38 syns
- 75g caster sugar – 15 syns
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Beat the butter, lemon extract and the sugar (leave about a tablespoon of sugar aside for now) until pale and fluffy.
- Sieve in the flour and add the zest of the lemons and bring the mixture to a soft dough making sure no traces of flour are visible, don’t over work the mix.
- Line the baking tray with baking parchment and tip in the dough, evenly spread the dough all over.
- Take a fork and poke down in lines across the dough, sprinkle over the remaining sugar we set aside and bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Take out the oven and carefully score the dough into 24 pieces while its still warm, allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to fully cool.
- The biscuits will harden once they are cold so be careful when moving them from the tray to the rack, I leave ours on the baking paper and slide them across in one go rather than taking them off individually.
These store in an airtight box for up to 4 days.