A chocolate and Kinder Bueno version of our Jammy Buns. We call these Kinder Bueno because the spread we use tastes like the inside of a Kinder Bueno chocolate bar, this spread is available in Morrisons but due to how popular it is in some areas it can be hard to find. If you manage to find some it is well worth adding to your cupboards as it is delicious.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- Cake cooling racks, so handy to have.
- We have a Kitchen Aid mixer, the best mixer we have ever owned, highly recommend investing in one of these if you love baking.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 200g self raising flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons Morrisons Hazelnut White Chocolate Spread
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 210°C fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl sieve the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder and rub in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles fine crumbs, then stir in the caster sugar.
- Add in the beaten egg and enough milk until it makes a firm dough, you may not need all the milk so add it as you mix. Knead the dough lightly until smooth, don’t over work it.
- Weigh the dough and divide it into 12 balls.
- Flatten each ball with the palm of your hand and add ½ teaspoon of spread into each flattened ball (don’t be tempted to add more than this).
- Bring the edges of the dough up and over the jam and crimp together with your fingers ensuring the spread is enclosed nice and tight. Place each ball a few cm’s apart on the baking tray seam side down.
- Brush a very small amount of water on the top of each bun and sprinkle over the granulated sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden, remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- These last up to 4 days in an airtight container.