A pudding a day, keeps the bad craving at bay… is that right?… well that’s what I tell myself anyway. I love a pudding, sometimes don’t have room for one after having dinner but I do enjoy a sweet treat of an evening so often do smaller dinners so we can enjoy a cheeky treat every now and again.
Some recommended items from our kitchen to make this dish…
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- An electric whisk.
- All our dishes are Pyrex, great for most meals. Perfect for roasters too and easy to clean.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
- 3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 tablespoons mincemeat
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon ground all spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 50g self-raising flour
- 25g ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 3g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven 160°C fan.
- Place the sliced apple in an oven proof dish, sprinkle over the spices and dot the mincemeat throughout the dish.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, almond extract and sugar (leave a little sugar aside to sprinkle over the top once baked) until pale and fluffy and almost 3 times in volume (takes anywhere from 5 – 10 minutes so we advise using an electric whisk), when you remove the whisk it should leave a visible trail on the surface.
- Carefully sieve the flour, ground almonds and baking powder a little at a time into the beaten egg mixture and fold in carefully with a metal spoon, keep doing this in little bits to prevent lumps and knocking out too much air.
- Spoon the mix over the fruit and sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Sprinkle over the set aside sugar and serve with homemade custard for a yummy indulgent treat.