- 45g Jordans no added sugar Muesli
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons granulated sweetener
- Finely grated small carrot or apple
- ½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
- 7g raisins
- 7g mixed peel
- 2 glace cherries, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the carrot/apple mixed peel, raisins, cherries and stir.
- Add the orange extract and mix thoroughly.
- Add the egg a little at a time and just enough to bind it all together.
- Allow the mix to sit for a few minutes so the muesli soaks up some of the moisture from the egg.
- Spread out on the baking tray about an inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Either enjoy fresh from the oven or allow to cool and set in the fridge to harden.
- I made up a tiny amount of icing sugar with 1 teaspoon icing sugar mixed with lemon juice to make a runny icing and made a cross on the top once they were cool to give the “cross” on the top. This is an optional step and isn’t needed if you don’t want it.