We are surrounded by waffle houses when we go to the city and in the summer when shop doors are open the smell when walking past is so inviting. Who can resist a warm waffle with ice cream….. Mmmm.
I love creating our own at home and our waffle maker was the best purchase I have ever made, it creates light and fluffy in the middle and crispy on the outside waffles every time, perfect.
We like to enjoy these waffles as both a breakfast or a dessert and top them with various treats depending on our mood but feel free to top yours with your favourite toppings.
Some recommended items from our kitchen…
- A waffle maker, we like the rotating ones with adjustable temperature controls, perfect for savoury and sweet waffles.
- Silicone whisks in varying sizes, much prefer silicone to metal as it rusts.
- Double sided dry and liquid measuring spoons for times when you need to measure both liquid and dry ingredients.
- Mixing bowls are always wanted in this household and these stackable ones save so much space in our cupboards.
- We use a NUTRiBULLET to blend and mix a lot of our recipes, its easy to clean and store and affordable. Also great if you are into health and fitness and have lots of shakes and smoothies. Also great for making iced tea/coffee so is widely used and not just a kitchen ornament like a lot of appliances.
Don’t forget to take a pic of your dish and tag us over on Instagram or Facebook @hickmans_slim_kitchen we love to see the recreations.
Also please make sure you credit us when sharing our recipes on social media. You can do this by directly linking back to the blog or tagging our social media pages.
Please note some posts contain affiliate links, you can find out what that means here.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Use the search bar below.